"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament". ~Oscar Wilde.

"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament". ~Oscar Wilde.

January 21, 2012

Pastels

EYE - PASTEL
Pastels are my second favorite medium to use. I've only used them a few times, but I really enjoy the range of colors that can come from just a few pastels.

Blending is the trick from what I've learned. Mixing and blending the right ones will give you any color imaginable. The other trick I found out about was to back away from the work often and look at it from a different distance and angle.

When drawing my eye (which I hope to try again), I was looking into a mirror attached to my easel. The drawing is on a 24 x 36 piece of paper, so you can imagine how large the eye had to be. Looking at it up close for too long will distort the image, so backing up is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment