"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament". ~Oscar Wilde.

"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament". ~Oscar Wilde.

September 6, 2012

Artistry Article

This is a two-page spread assignment for Graphic Design I in continuation to the magazine cover assignment for Creative Ideas.

I found a really great image on Best Wallpaper's website and used it as the background for my article. Then, I found an article on Harper's Bazaar website about hair trends and used that as filler. Everything except for the word "Artistry" and the footer comes from that HB article online (which I referenced when I turned in my assignment).

I really love this and I'm really glad I got another assignment where I could create a spread. It's a lot of fun once you know what to look for. The one part I am not so sure was successful, was the text color. I couldn't use black on the far left column because it would have been really hard to read. I am not sure if it works well enough with the change in colors, but the assignment was in fact about using contrast and elements that would impact the viewer. I also played with contrast when I created the footer with the page numbers, article name, edition date etc. On the right page, I split the typeface's colors to contrast against the woman's skin.

I think it works but let me know what you think :)






No comments:

Post a Comment